How to Factory Reset Sony Xperia C3
To perform a factory data reset
|*To avoid permanent damage to your device, do not restart your device while a reset procedure is underway.|
- Before you start, backup all your data to an external device.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- To delete information such as music and pictures from your internal storage, mark the relevant check box.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- To confirm, tap Erase everything.
|* Your device does not revert to an earlier software version of Android™ even if you perform a factory data reset.|
|** If you forget your screen unlock password, PIN or pattern in step 6, you can use the device repair feature in PC Companion or Sony Bridge for Mac to erase the security layer. By running the repair feature, you are reinstalling software for your device and you may lose some personal data in the process.|
How to force restart Sony Xperia C3
- Press and hold down the power key .
- In the menu that opens, tap Restart. The device restarts automatically.